Saturday, May 5, 2012

Crayons are Chic

Remember how much fun coloring was when you were young, as long as someone older didn't admonish you to "stay inside the lines."? A very clever woman who claims she was a closet colorer has published a new series of coloring books for adults.


HELLO
My name is Tami and I'm a closet colorer.
Of course, when I was little, I didn’t have to hide my favorite pastime.
Coloring then gave me a comforting escape.
A time to be one with Pooh and Piglet; Mickey and Minnie; Shaggy and Scooby.
Doubtful I thought of it that cerebrally.
Mostly, I remember how coloring made me feel: happy, free, smiley.

WHY COLOR?
Today, as a nearly-50 “grownup,” coloring still makes me smile.
It quiets the craziness; offers a respite from this
over-buzzed-booked-and-burdened world.
It’s a self-expressive art experience without the pressure of having to create.
Above all, coloring is fun.

A COLORING RENAISSANCE
I created Color Your Way books in order to bring coloring for grownups
out of the closet and into the cool, mainstream waters.
Each book is present-day themed and designed to marry the youthful escape of
coloring with relevant thoughts and illustrations.
Color Your Way to Calm is a gift to make your own or to share with a friend.
Packaged with a starter set of crayons,
a healthy dose of nostalgic nourishment,
and permission to play.


All I can say is..."I wish I had thought of it first!"



In case you want to treat your mom to a coloring book for the upcoming Mother's Day on May 13th, the information below should help you discover the way to order it. Happy Mother's Day to all who bear that moniker.

/PRNewswire/ -- Who says you have to be a kid to color? Moms love to color too! That's why Tami Newcomb, adult colorist, created Color Your Way to Calm, a coloring book for finding peace in the middle of your present.
"I created Color Your Way books in order to bring coloring for grownups out of the closet and into the cool, mainstream waters," said Newcomb. "Today, as a nearly 50-year-old 'grownup,' coloring still makes me smile and offers a respite from this over-buzzed-booked-and-burdened world."
Color Your Way to Calm consists of 25 inspired thoughts and illustrations packaged with crayons, plus several pages to do as you please. It can be a mom's very own palette of simple, peaceful, pleasure to let go, ponder, forget, remember, cry, laugh, and most of all, have fun.
"Sometimes when I need to escape, I color my kids' books," said a San Francisco mother of two. "This book is for me to color after the kids are in bed. I can unwind and get lost with images and expressions that I can better relate to."
About Color Your Way
Created by Tami Newcomb, Color Your Way books were created in order to bring coloring for grownups out of the closet and into the cool, mainstream waters. Color Your Way to Calm is the first book created to help bring peace to those feeling over-buzzed, -booked and -burdened. Each book is present-day themed and designed to marry the youthful escape of coloring with relevant thoughts and illustrations. Coloring is fun and is a self-expressive art experience without the pressure of having to create. For more information or to purchase Color Your Way to Calm, visit http://www.coloryourway.com.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/05/04/4465527/moms-color-their-way-to-calm-this.html#storylink=cpy

No comments:

Post a Comment