The Most Popular Color in the World Is...
From denim jeans to corporate logos, the color blue is consistently ranked as the world's favorite color, according to ColorMatters.com.
Blue has different meanings depending on the shade:
- 53 percent of the flags in the world contain blue.
- When it comes to corporate logos, blue is the most commonly used color.
- A dark blue suit is professional business attire.
- Blue jeans are worn all over the world.
- Aristocracy is blue-blooded in all European languages.
- In American culture, blue has evolved as a symbol of depression. We "sing the blues" and "feel blue."
- Greeks believe that blue wards off "the evil eye."
- Dark blue is the color of mourning in Korea.
- The god Krishna has blue skin.
- Blue is sharply refracted by the eyes, causing the lens to flatten and push the blue image back. We perceive that blue areas are receding and smaller.
- Blue has very few connections to taste or smell; therefore, it may act as an appetite suppressant.